Gambling can be enjoyable for the majority, however a number of people can develop a gambling addiction which can lead to a range of problems.
If you feel that you've developed an addiction there are a number of sources that can offer support/advice:
GambleAware is managed by the Responsibility in Gambling Trust, an independent charity which funds treatment, research and education about responsible gambling. More information about how they can help can be found on their website or by telephoning them:
Phone: 0808 8020 133
Gamblers Anonymous is a worldwide support group that offers support and help required to assist in overcoming your addiction. They can be contacted via their website or by phone:
Phone: 020 7384 3040
Gamcare is a registered UK charity that offers similar support and can advise and help you through their extensive range of services which can be found on their website or via phone:
Phone: 0845 600 013
General Gambling Advice
When gambling online at British Bookmakers it's very important that you take the following pointers into consideration and follow a few simple rules to minimise heartache.
- Decide on how much money you can afford to bet, not how much you want to bet.
- When this limit has been reached, walk away.
- If you have won a small amount then be sensible and take your winnings.
- Gambling is a form of entertainment and is definitely not a get rich quick scheme.
- There are no guaranteed winning systems no matter what you've heard.
- Gambling can lead to addiction and seriously damage your financial situation.
- If you loose don’t try and chase your losses.
Please follow the advice and gamble responsibly.